Prime Day 2 2023, Amazon’s annual 2-day sales extravaganza will take place Oct 11-12th. It’s a great opportunity for you to boost your revenue, and turn new customers into loyal customers with great customer service. So you can check your operations are running efficiently this year, we’ve compiled a list of Amazon Prime Day Statistics, including our own customer support data, from the Prime Day 1 event.
In July 2023, Prime Day was the biggest two-day period ever for Amazon’s third party sellers, doubling the total sales from the previous year and showing record-breaking sales for third-party sellers like you.
Prime Day statistics that you and every Amazon seller should know:
- In 2023, Prime Day 1 saw customers save more than $2.5Bn on more than 375 million products.¹
- Prime members purchased more than 375 million items worldwide during Prime Day 1 2023.¹
- Amazon now has more than 200 million paid Prime members across the globe.¹
- eDesk clients took 3 days to go below average ticket volume after Prime Day July 2023.¹
- Average ticket volumes increased 39% in the US and 38% in the UK on Prime Day July 2023.²
- Average order volume increased by 92% on Prime Day July 2023.²
- Average order value increased by 115% in the US and 48% in the UK on Prime Day July 2023.²
- Average sales value increased by 148% in the US and 95% in the UK on Prime Day July 2023.²
² eDesk customer data
For both Prime eligible and non-eligible sellers, a large volume of traffic results in more sales opportunities. It also means more customer interactions, pre-sales tickets, returns, and general support queries.
There are some actions you can take to be well-prepared for this sales event. Get your auto-responder properly set up, prioritize your Prime Day communication within our Smart Inbox, and pay attention to our pre-sale section on your user portal.
And as we enter the busiest half of the eCommerce year, make sure all your Prime day hard work pays off by getting great reviews so your profile is boosted throughout the holiday season with our automated feedback and review requests.